Guest viewing is limited

29 Jan 2024 - Family Court - Public Reporting extended under Transparency Project

Hmm - the womens rights groups will be wanting to report all the cases as DV and claim Mothers aren't listened to blah blah. So far the "Transparency Project" has a strong radical feminist leaning. On the other hand it means non biased journalists can report as well. The issue I see with reporting court hearings, is the journalists not understanding some of the legalities or terminology or strategies employed by lawyers for Mothers. ie not understanding that there are a lot of lies! From lawyers as well as parties.

It is difficult to understand the aim here but I wonder if this means there will be better transparency on the statistics of outcomes and judgements as well as Cafcass involvements etc.

This concerns me as narcistsic people really don’t like to be outed which means they are more likely to stick to their lies for the sake of media. Suppose with it being child care cases only to start with means the usual case will be overlooked but if it becomes standard it concerns me as this could be like throwing fuel on the fire. Like you say Ash it becomes place for certain groups to get statements across and we know media loves that stuff! I can’t see my ex ever saying anything nice about me to somebody interviewing her and that’s what ot could become. An extension to lie more and more in hope it does then get reported!

It is difficult to understand the aim here but I wonder if this means there will be better transparency on the statistics of outcomes and judgements as well as Cafcass involvements etc.
I doubt it - it's more likely to be more articles in the Guardian about victim Mothers getting a raw deal in family courts. The transparency bit just refers to journalists being allowed to sit in on cases and report them.

Back